Posted on September 13, 2023
TOKYO-Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL; President & CEO: Takeshi Hashimoto) today announced that its Chairman, Junichiro Ikeda, has been appointed Honorary Consul of the Republic of Mauritius in Tokyo, effective August 1. On September 4 at the Prime Minister’s Office in Port Louis, the capital of the Republic of Mauritius, in the presence of the Honourable Pravind Kumar Jugnauth, Prime Minister of the Republic of Mauritius and Mr. Shuichiro Kawaguchi, the Ambassador of Japan to Mauritius, The Honourable Maneesh Gobin, Attorney General, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade, conferred the Letter of Commission to Junichiro Ikeda.
MOL supports the people and environment of Mauritius in the wake of the grounding incident involving its chartered vessel Wakashio in southeast Mauritius in 2020. It has established the MOL Charitable Trust (Note 1) and the authorized public trust MOL Mauritius International Fund for natural Environment Recovery and Sustainability (Note 2), with funds totaling approximately 800 million yen. Proactively working with local communities in Mauritius through its local subsidiary MOL (Mauritius) Ltd., the Trust and the Fund support projects related to the restoration and conservation of the natural environment and contribution to local communities.
MOL will continue to do its utmost to support the further growth of Mauritius, its people, and organizations involved with the country, while fostering a friendly relationship between Mauritius and Japan.
[About the Honorary Consulate of the Republic of Mauritius in Tokyo]
- Honorary Consul: Junichiro Ikeda (Chairman of the Board, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.)
- Date of appointment: August 1, 2023
- Scope of Duties: Support for citizens of the Republic of Mauritius in Japan/Support for the expansion of relations with the Republic of Mauritius in business, culture, education, etc.
- Jurisdiction: All of Japan
- Address: Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd., 2-1-1 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Hours of operation: 9:00 ~ 17:00 Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and year-end and New Year holidays (December 28 – January 3)
- TEL: 03-3587-7590
- FAX: 03-3587-7701
- Email: email@example.com
MOL Group 5 Sustainability Issues
MOL Group identifies “Sustainability Issues” (Materiality) as our key issues for sustainable growth with society through realization of the Group Vision.
We anticipate this initiative to contribute especially to the realization of “Environment -Conservation for Marine and global environment-” and “Human & Community -Contributing to the growth and development of people and communities-“.