Posted on March 21, 2022
About the job
- This position requires the minimum of 5 years Hydrographic experience (see additional details below)
- Hypack experience is required.
- Compensation depends of years of experience and those obtaining a Bachelors of Science degree in Construction/Engineering. Degree is not required, experience is a requirement.
OVERVIEW: This position supports the dredging and construction projects by leading the acquisition/processing of data in marine environments. Responsible for performing hydrographic surveys, and instrumentation positioning. Processing, interpretation, and display of results information. The QC (Quality Control) is also responsible for reporting the information to the Army Corps of Engineers daily.
- FUNCTIONAL TASKS
- Works safely around machinery; observes and instructs others in proper equipment use
- Follows all safety rules and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures; uses/wears all required PPE
- Provides dredge with accurate surveys and vessel guidance to ensure accurate production measurements and correct channel location
- Sets up hydrographic survey equipment and demonstrates proficiency operating small survey vessels
- Collects pre and post dredge survey data processing and volume calculations
- Creates the dredge screens utilized by the dredge levermen
- Acts as the company’s QC representative on survey related works
- Responsible for the quality control and quality assurance of survey data, field checks, calibrations and survey results
- Takes active steps in the preparation, standardization and maintenance of the Survey Guidelines and Procedures
- B.S. in Construction/Engineering with 2+ years of construction and/or dredging work experience, or minimum of 5 years of Hydrographic experience.
- Excellent safety, mechanical, computer and communication skills
- Trained in Lock/Out Tag Out Procedures, Fall Arrest, Confined Space and Ladder Safety (on-the-job training also provided in these areas)
- Must be able to successfully pass all pre-employment testing (drug test, fit test) in addition to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Projects, and Word.
- Authorized to work in the United States
Encore Dredging Partners, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
For more info, contact Heiko!