Posted on June 12, 2023
Composition of Wärtsilä’s Shareholders’ Nomination Board
The following members have been appointed to Wärtsilä’s Shareholders’ Nomination Board:
- Petra Hedengran, General Counsel, Head of Corporate Governance, Investor AB, appointed by Invaw Invest AB
- Markus Aho, Chief Investment Officer, Varma Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Mikko Mursula, Deputy CEO, Investments, Ilmarinen Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Carl Pettersson, CEO, Elo Mutual Pension Insurance Company
- Tom Johnstone, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä’s Shareholders’ Nomination Board consists of five members. Four representatives are nominated by the company’s four largest shareholders, with the fifth member being the Chairman of Wärtsilä’s Board of Directors. The four largest shareholders are determined on the basis of the shareholders’ register maintained by Euroclear Finland Ltd. as of 1 June preceding the Annual General Meeting of shareholders.
The Shareholders’ Nomination Board prepares and presents to the General Meeting proposals relating to the composition and remuneration of the Board of Directors. In addition, the Nomination Board reviews and adjusts the diversity principles of the Board of Directors, as necessary, and does successor planning of the directors.
Wärtsilä in brief
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,500 professionals in more than 240 locations in 79 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2022, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.wartsila.com