Posted on May 30, 2023
Union Dredgers & Marine Contracting (UDMC) is proud to announce the addition of our new Cutter Suction Dredger Megalodon to its fleet.
The new dredger, currently the largest in the UDMC Fleet has a discharge diameter of 560mm, a maximum flow capacity of 4500m3/h, a maximum dredging depth of 15m in addition to a discharge length of 2000m.
Commenting on the addition, Managing Director Hatem Darwish stated that “the acquisition of another cutter suction dredger this year enhances UDMCs ability to undertake dredging works of a significantly larger scale whilst fitting comfortably into our existing expertise and fleet”. As a specialist coastal marine contractor, UDMC has a broad range of equipment to enable us to carry out projects of varying nature such as dredging, pipeline installation and revetment works.
Cutter Section Dredger – Megalodon
- Year Built: 2022
- Model: HID
- Flag: St Kitts & Nevis
- Class: Tasneef
- Port of Registry: Basseterre
- Official Number: SKN 1004459
- Positioning System: Trimble CSD
- Length: 37m (O.A 46.5)
- Breadth: 8.8m
- Depth: 2.2m
- Suction Pipe Diameter : 560mm
- Discharge Pipe Diameter : 560mm
- dredging depth : 15m
- Main Diesel Engine: Cummins K50-M
- Total Installed Power : 2045kw (2,742hp)
- Max discharge distance : 2000m
- Anchoring system : Spud x 2 (630mm x 18m)