Posted on November 2, 2023
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Officials are hosting public meetings for the Kansas River Reservoir Flood and Sediment Study, set to take place in November 2023, and will occur at locations throughout the basin.
The Kansas City District, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, along with the Kansas Water Office and Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, has prepared the Draft Watershed Study Report for the Kansas River Reservoirs Flood and Sediment Study.
The Draft Watershed Study Report and supporting information will be available on November 6, 2023, to initiate the 30-day public review and comment period. More details about the study are available at this link Kansas River Basin (army.mil).
The times, dates and locations of the scheduled public meetings are as follows:
- November 7, 2023 – 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Virtual Meeting https://usace1.webex.com/usace1/j.php?MTID=mc4b3d4813ed03ffe65f33b70dab1498f; Meeting number (access code): 27605300932; Meeting password: gXkr8Tpj7$8; Phone number: 844-800-2712
- November 8, 2023 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Geary County 4-H Senior Center, 1025 S. Spring Valley Road, Junction City, KS 66441
- November 28, 2023 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Pottorf Hall, Riley County Fairgrounds, 1710 Avery Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66503
- November 29, 2023 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – Flory Building East – Douglas County Fairgrounds, 2120 Harper St., Lawrence, KS 66046
- November 30, 2023 – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – K-State Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus, College Center Building, 2310 Centennial Road, Salina, KS 67401
Comments will be accepted from November 6, 2023, through December 8, 2023. Submit comments by attending a meeting, electronically to KRRFSSWatershedStudy@usace.army.mil or by mail to the address below:
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Kansas City District
ATT: Plan Formulation Section
601 East 12th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
For additional questions contact the Watershed Study team at KRRFSSWatershedStudy@usace.army.mil or 816-389-3486.