Posted on April 10, 2023
The Pacific Chapter of WEDA represents the West Coast of the United States including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, and Canada: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba.
Pacific Chapter WEDA Fall 2023 Meeting
Call for Abstracts:
Please limit your abstract to one page. Presentations on all aspects of dredging and disposal, navigation structures, environmental restoration, and related topics are welcome, and presentations specifically relevant to West Coast issues or projects are encouraged. If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to present on that subject at the conference. You will not be asked to write and submit a technical paper. Speakers are required to register and pay fees accordingly.
Abstract Due Date: Abstracts are due no later than Friday, September 1, 2023.
Send abstracts to: Rebekah Antoine-Zimbabwe @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, we are offering the Dredging 201 Short Course from 8 a.m. to noon in the Pavilion with our official Program Registration opening between 11:30 and 12:30 p.m. in the hotel lobby. Dredging 201 will be followed by a closed Ports Meeting and an open USACE/Industry Partnering Session from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. before opening remarks by USACE that will kick off the 2024/25 USACE Federal Dredging Program presentation from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m., Safety Presentations from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m., a Women of WEDA Special Networking Event from 4:30 – 6:00 p.m., and our signature Hosted Ice Breaker Social and Poster Session from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday’s agenda will consist of technical presentations featuring Navigation and Regional Dredging Projects in the morning, followed by a luncheon program with a keynote speaker. The afternoon will resume with Remediation Dredging Projects followed by a Flagship Cruise on San Diego Bay.
- Friday will continue with presentations on Regulatory Updates, Dredging Technology, and Beneficial Reuse Projects in the morning, conclude with Pacific Chapter business in the early afternoon.
Early Bird Registration Fees: (Rates increase $100 after Oct. 1st except for Gov’t employees, Dredging 201 course and yoga)
- $500 Member (Current WEDA Member)
- $600 Non-Member
- $400 Government Employee
- $150 Dredging 201 Short Course
- Sponsorships are available using the online registration form
- $1500 Captains
- $1000 Leverman
- $500 Deckhand
- $100 for Guests (Thursday Boat Tour)
USACE – Pay onsite link
For U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that need to pay onsite at the WEDA Registration Desk inside the Loews Hotel Coronado
As you know, this event could not happen without the generous support of our sponsors such as you. We are excited to offer the following sponsorship options:
- Deckhand ($500)
- Prominent logo placement throughout the event
- Recognition at the ice breaker
- Leverman ($1,000)
- Deckhand benefits, plus
- Recognition in conference emails & website
- Captain ($1,500)
- Leverman benefits, plus
- Space at the registration table for information and giveaways
- Exhibit table (w/ skirt & chairs)
- Field Trip ($5,000) – 1 available
- Recognition on website, email, and at field event
- Sponsor Presentation (30 minutes) during San Diego Bay boat tour
- 1 full meeting registration
- Women of WEDA ($2,500) – 1 available (wine tasting, etc. at San Diego)
- Sign recognition, website, email, program
- Sponsor-provided logoed napkins
- Breakfast/Lunch ($2,500/$3,500) – 2 breakfast/2 lunch available
- Sign recognition at breakfast/lunch
- Sponsor-provided logoed napkins
- AM Break ($1,000) – 3 available
- Sign recognition at break
- Donated Raffle Items
- An item with company logo card placed on a table for display during the meeting – raffle at the end
For early Captains & Leverman Sponsorship, please contact us at Info@WesternDredging.org.
Location: Loews Coronado Bay Resort is perched on a 15-acre peninsula West of downtown San Diego. Shimmering bay waters and the San Diego skyline surround the Hotel. Approximately 14 miles from San Diego International Airport (SAN)
Click here to make Non-Government reservations.
Government Reservations – coming soon
Click here to make Government reservations.