Posted on February 8, 2016
By Anna Harvey, News-Times
Bob Keistler with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Tuesday a new bid process will begin for dredging the harbor at the N.C. Port of Morehead City, even though the last set of bids were nearly twice as expensive as expected.
Now the Army Corps is going to try to entice contractors to bid on a revised project that will help maximize available funds.
Mr. Kiestler, navigation project manager, said instead of advertising for 950,000 cubic yards of material to be removed from the harbor, as was previously advertised, the new advertisement will likely call for around 750,000 cubic yards of dredge material to be removed.
READ FULL ARTICLE HERE