Posted on June 18, 2015
Note: To be considered small for purposes of Government procurement, a firm must perform at least 40 percent of the volume dredged with its own equipment or equipment owned by another small dredging concern.
Project Information: This action requires the contractor to perform maintenance dredging of the BIH Jetty Channel, approx. 370,000 cubic yards and one Option for BIH Entrance Channel, approx. 235,000 cubic yards. Entrance Channel work is in open ocean Gulf side of BIH Jetties. Material will be beneficially used to nourish beaches on South Padre Island. .
Completion time for Schedule No. 1 is 45 calendar days and 20 calendar days will be added to the contract for the Option if exercised. The estimated award date for this project is 10 Sep 15.
The contractor will be required to provide Performance and Payment Bonds within (5) calendar days after award. The contractor shall begin dredging within (10) calendar days after acknowledgement of the Notice to Proceed.
If the contractor fails to complete the work within the time specified, the contractor shall pay liquidated damages to the Government in the amount of $1,894.00 for each calendar day of delay until the work is completed or accepted.
If you can meet all of the requirements for this project, please respond to this sources sought announcement by fax, e-mail, or mail to the attention Bertram Scott, (409) 766-3940, Fax (409) 766-3010, firstname.lastname@example.org , 2000 Fort Point Road, Galveston, Texas 77550. Responses must be received no later than 11:00 AM Central Standard Time, on June 22, 2015. The following information is requested:
1. Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) & Commercial and Government Entity (CAGE) (This information can be obtained from your System for Award Management Registration (SAM)).
2. Name of firm w/address, phone, fax, e-mail address, and point of contact.
3. State if your company is an SBA Certified 8(a) firm, HubZone Small Business, Women Owned Small Business or Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
4. State whether your firm can provide a Bid Bond (20% of total bid amount), Performance and Payment Bond (100% of the contract amount).
5. Please indicate whether your firm will submit a bid for this project, if this project is set-aside for 8(a), Hubzone Small Business, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business.
6. Qualifications: Responses to this sources sought announcement shall indicate specialized experience and technical competence in: (a) hopper dredging and/or ocean-certified pipeline dredging of channels navigated by ocean-going vessels, barges, and a myriad of other watercraft; and (b) dredging experience with deep-draft projects. The evaluation will consider overall experience. Provide the name of the hopper and/or ocean-certified pipeline dredge to be used. Provide documentation for your firm on past similar efforts as a prime contractor.
7. Submission Requirements: Firms submitting responses shall provide information on the most recent up to five projects that prove you can meet the qualification criteria listed above, with contract number, project location, description of work requirements, contact and phone number for each effort. Firms should also indicate all applicable personnel and sub-contractors proposed to work on the contract. Proof of Small Business Administration (SBA) registration 8(a) and Hubzone Small Business shall be provided with this response.
Firms responding to this sources sought announcement, who fail to provide ALL of the required information requested, will not be used to help the Government make the acquisition decision, which is the intent of this sources sought announcement.
For technical questions, please contact: Mr. Joshua Adekanbi at (409) 766-3174 or Mr. Pablo Hernandez at (956) 943-1460 Ext. 1006.
USACE District, Fort Worth, PO Box 17300/819 Taylor Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102-0300
USACE District, Fort Worth PO Box 17300/819 Taylor Street, Fort Worth TX