Posted January 23, 2019
For (future) decision makers and their advisors in governments, port and harbour authorities, off-shore companies and other organisations that have to execute dredging projects, the International Association of Dredging Companies organises the International Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation. The IADC Seminar will be held from Monday 24 June through Friday 28 June 2019 at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education, Delft, The Netherlands.
Since 1993 IADC, often in co-operation with local technical universities, has provided a week-long Seminar especially developed for professionals in dredging-related industries. These intensive courses have been successfully presented in The Netherlands, Singapore, Dubai, Argentina, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Brazil. As is appropriate to a dynamic industry, the Seminar programme is continually updated. In addition to basic dredging methods, new equipment and state-of-the-art techniques are explained.
The Seminars reflect IADC’s commitment to education, to encouraging young people to enter the field of dredging, and to improving knowledge about dredging throughout the world.
The Seminar in Brief
To optimise the chances of the successful completion of a project, contracting parties should, from the start, fully understand the requirements of a dredging project. This five-day course strives to provide an understanding through lectures by experts in the field and workshops, partly conducted on-site in order to give the “students” hands-on experience.
- overview of the dredging market and the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports;
- project phasing (identification, investigation, feasibility studies, design, construction, and maintenance);
- descriptions of types of dredging equipment and boundary conditions for their use;
- state-of-the-art dredging and reclamation techniques including environmental measures;
- site and soil investigations, designing and estimating from the contractor’s view;
- costing of projects and types of contracts such as charter, unit rates, lump sum and risk-sharing agreements;
- design and measurement of dredging and reclamation works;
- early contractor involvement.
An important feature of the Seminars is a trip to visit a dredging project being executed in the given geographical area.This gives the participants the opportunity to see dredging equipment in action and to gain a better feeling of the extent of a dredging activity.
Highlights of the programme are:
The Need for Dredging/Project Phasing.
Includes a site visit to a dredging project(s).
Production, Tender, Hydraulic Fills.
Cost Pricing, Survey.