Posted November 13, 2018
19/11/2018 - 20/11/2018 - BEURS VAN BERLAGE, AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
There is an increasing expectation that infrastructure projects should add value – beyond the economic aspect – to the natural environment and society in which they will serve. As a result, those responsible for the planning, delivering or operating of hydraulic infrastructure with a dredging component must be up-to-date on the current thinking regarding sustainable dredging.
If these are among your areas of specialty, then the Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure Conference hosted by CEDA and IADC will be the best opportunity for you to learn the latest information directly from international experts. The sustainable benefits which are being delivered as part of waterborne infrastructure projects will be in focus.
The two-day-long conference will be based on the forthcoming CEDA-IADC guidebook Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure which will be available in November 2018. Selected from the multidisciplinary team of authors who contributed to the publication, the speakers are industry experts, scientists, practitioners and project owners with backgrounds in engineering and environmental sciences as well as decades of relevant experience. There will be many opportunities for participants to engage with each other during the programme, enhancing knowledge exchange and transfer.
The Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure Conference will cover key topics including:
- Integrating dredging into sustainable development;
- Applying the concept of sustainability to water infrastructure development;
- Identifying key enablers for successful sustainable infrastructure development;
- Executing creative solutions through multi-disciplinary collaboration;
- Assessing and managing sustainability in relation to dredging;
- Reviewing dredging and construction operations;
- Managing dredged sediments for win-win solutions;
- Modelling for project initiation, planning and design;
- Monitoring: collecting field data that is fit for the purpose, proportional and relevant.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
If your role is to deliver dredging projects with longevity which also maximise the benefits to society, nature and economy, then this event will be of particular relevance to you and your company. This will be a must-attend event for planners, designers, decision makers, regulators, contractors, project owners and environmental advocates who need to keep up-to-date..3