Posted February 15, 2018
The Ellipse 2 Micro Series is a new product range reducing size and cost of high performance inertial sensors for volume projects. Ellipse 2 Micro Series is available as an IMU, or as an AHRS or INS running an Extended Kalman Filter. Among the features are:
- Industrial Grade - Benefit from a 2-year warranty
- Cost-effective - Designed for volume projects
- High Quality IMU - Calibrated in Dynamics and Temperature
- High Performance - 0.1° Roll and Pitch (AHRS & INS models)
- Light-Weight - 10 grams
- 5 cm Real-time Heave (AHRS & INS models)
- Connection to external GNSS and Odometer (INS model)
Three models are available:
- Ellipse 2 Micro IMU is an Inertial Measurement Unit. It embeds 3 gyroscopes, 3 accelerometers,3 magnetometers and a temperature sensor.
- Ellipse 2 Micro AHRS additionally runs an Extended Kalman Filter to provide Roll, Pitch, Heading, and Heave.
- Ellipse 2 Micro INS additionally connects to a GNSS receiver and an odometer for navigation.
- The only Micro sensor to provide a 5 cm Heave, automatically adjusted to the wave period
- Fusion with GNSS receiver for a robust position and heave in all conditions
- Fusion with GNSS receiver and Odometer for a robust position in all conditions (forest, tunnel, urban canyons, etc.)
- Specific motion algorithms dedicated to land vehicle
- CAN Protocol
- Calibrated from -40 to +85°C for a constant behavior in all environment
- High Resistance to shock and vibrations (< 2 000g )
- Fusion with GNSS receiver for a high accuracy position and heading
“With the Ellipse 2 Micro Series, integrators benefit from SBG Systems high expertise in motion sensing and positioning in the smallest package” adds Alexis Guinamard, CTO of SBG Systems. Contact SBG for more information and specifics.
Source: SBG Systems